Quilt Inspector

Quilt Inspector
Wilbur, Quilt Inspector #3

Monday, January 8, 2018

On Ringo Lake - Moving right along!



Clues and the reveal started flying in fast and furiously after the last clue!  Now all the instructions have been given, but for this quilter at least, it's going to take some time to get this quilt finished.  Be sure to click on the link at the bottom to see the progress other quilters have made because some are already FINISHED!  I don't see how they did it.  It's a good thing it isn't a race!!

I have finished clues 6 and 7, a good part of clue 8 (which is to assemble the main blocks,) and I've made the setting triangles, sashings, and cornerstones that will enable all the blocks to become a quilt.  My furry helper Wilbur is almost always on the scene and is occasionally joined by the other two helpers.













As of January 13, I had finished my blocks and made a start on assembling the "on point" design for the quilt.



Wilbur didn't want to be an active participant today, so he took a nap in the sunshine coming through the sewing room window.


Whew....putting this together is taking a long time.  I am loving it, though, and will even take time to put borders on it so that it will be a better fit for my bed.  It won't be finished until there are five blocks across the top and bottom and six blocks down the sides.  (At least, I THINK that's what it will be!)

Wilbur decided to help a bit with the layout.





















1 comment:

  1. Wilbur is adorable! I like the one where it looks as is if he's inquiring if he should cut the Australian fabric with the rotary cutter. Thank you for sharing your process. I'm busily setting mine today -- bit of a struggle with the bulk of some seams. Take care, Allison

    ReplyDelete