Quilt Inspector

Quilt Inspector
Wilbur, Quilt Inspector #3

Monday, December 11, 2017

Clue 3 - Friday, Dec. 8



Clue #3

There are many of these units to make.  They will slant in two different directions so I have to be very careful when I cut.  I will be using my new Simple Folded Corners ruler by Doug Leko because I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I have all my rectangles and squares cut and I have loosely paired them in preparation for cutting the corners with the ruler.


I made several samples of the unit in each slant direction to be sure I understood the difference in ruler placement for the cutting.  Then I decided to do all the ones for one direction before doing any more in the other direction.

I was sidetracked by the big Georgia snow that started on Friday. While it does snow here in northwest Georgia, this was an early one for us.  It also left us with more snow than we've had at once in a long time!  I measured over 10 inches piled up on my hard surfaces outdoors.  That's twice as much as we've had at once since I moved to this area over 15 years ago.  Our area is heavily wooded and limbs and tree started falling as the snow built up.  We lost power late Friday afternoon and didn't get it back for over 22 hours, so that took away a big part of the time I planned to sew!

This is as much as I have been able to complete so far.  I will continue sewing during the week and hope to be able to finish before Friday and the next clue.



By Wednesday night I had completed the rest of Clue 3.  Now I will have a day to catch up on everything around the house before I start Clue 4!





4 comments:

  1. Hi carole! Beautiful progress. and Loving your Salem & Lizzy..
    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your units look great thus far! I also found it much easier to make all of the "lefthanded" units and then to make all of the "righthanded" units separately!

    ReplyDelete